The meeting rooms at the Keene Public Library are available for use subject to the following conditions and procedures. Library meeting rooms have a maximum capacity of 16 people except for Huntress Auditorium, which has fixed seating for 76. Spaces accommodating up to 240 people are available on a different fee schedule. Find information about the Library's large event spaces here.
All scheduling must be done at least one week, and meetings may be scheduled for up to 6 dates in advance.
Fees: All fees must be paid one week in advance (see attached Fee Schedule). There will be no charge for using the rooms for public meetings between 10:00 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and between 10:00 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays. Saturday meetings may be held 10 a.m. through 2:45 p.m. Generally, fees are incurred for meetings that are not open to the public. See the Policies page for details about meeting room use.
3. Please check in at the Circulation Desk for directions and access to the room.
4. No organization or individual shall be permitted to solicit donations or sell any item in the Library.
5. Priority in scheduling will be given to Keene Public Library-sponsored programs.
6. By order of the fire department, each meeting room has a maximum capacity. Please ask for that specific information when booking a room.
7. Food and drink are permitted within the meeting rooms only. The reserving group must remove any food or drink debris, bag it up securely, and take it to the Circulation Desk. Rooms must be left neat and orderly, and a cleanup fee may be charged for rooms left in a disorderly state. The individual who completes the registration form will be held responsible for any damages.
8. Library staff is not available to change the room arrangement or provide support services such as carrying equipment or materials into or around the Library, operating audio-visual equipment, or making photocopies.
9. Groups must state their sponsorship and are prohibited from making statements in their advertising or meeting announcements that suggest Library sponsorship or endorsement. Inquiries from the public concerning specific programs will be referred to the sponsoring organization.
10. Neither the name nor the address of the Keene Public Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
11. All persons and organizations using the City of Keene Public Library meeting rooms shall possess all licenses, rights, or other permissions required by law to prevent infringement and/or the unauthorized use of any trademarks, copyrights, and/or other intellectual property rights.
12. Adequate adult supervision of minors is required at all times.
13. Smoking or other hazardous fire materials such as candles, matches, or incense are not permitted.
14. Failure to comply with these rules will result in denial of use.