Sec. 2-1110. - Membership.
(a) The college city commission shall consist of 14 regular voting members. No more than four alternate members may be appointed. The mayor and the president of Keene State College shall each appoint seven voting members and two alternates. No less than two of the college's seven voting members shall be students of Keene State College.
(b) All appointed citizens to the commission must represent a cross section of interests in the city and college communities.
(c) The mayor and the president of Keene State College shall each be an ex-officio member of the commission without a vote.
(d) The commission shall be governed by two chairpersons. The mayor and the president of Keene State College shall each appoint a chairperson from the seven members they appoint to represent the interests of the city and the college, respectively, and to provide leadership to the commission.
(e) Membership is not restricted to residents of Keene.
Powers, Duties and Guidelines
Sec. 2-1110.3. - Powers, duties and guidelines.
The functions and guidelines in this section are established for the conduct of the college city commission. The commission shall:
(1) Conduct activities to promote, enhance, and encourage improved relationships between the college and city communities.
(2) Research and evaluate topics of shared concern or interest between the city and Keene State College.
(3) Consult with the mayor and Keene State College president on a periodic basis.
(4) Develop reports and recommendations to the city and Keene State College with respect to issues of shared concern or interest, and measure progress at implementing these recommendation
(5) Promote communication and collaboration among community groups and organizations, city staff and departments, and Keene State College staff and departments with an interest in college/city relations.
(6) Publicize and report on its activities.
(7) Hold meetings and hearings necessary to carry out its duties.