Minutes are posted after they have been adopted by the public body. If you do not see the set of minutes you need on the website, please contact the City Clerk’s Office.
The human rights committee shall have the following powers and duties:
- To celebrate and honor the significance of the lives of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Jonathan Daniels;
- To promote the principles of social justice, non-violence, equity, and multiculturalism through education programs, community service and public events;
- To encourage the elimination of barriers, which may exist within the Keene community that discourage a more diverse and inclusive community.
- To reassure and support under-represented groups who may feel unwelcome in Keene.
- To educate the community on the advantages of a more diverse and inclusive community.
- The committee is authorized to conduct fundraising events to further its goals. All gifts and donations presented to the human rights committee shall be formally accepted by the city council.
Alyssa Bender: 603-357-9829
Meetings are generally held the first Monday of each month at 5:00 PM.
View the City Calendar to confirm the date and time of the next meeting.