Before borrowing a museum pass, please check with the museum to find out if it is open. Several museums remain closed or operate at limited capacity due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some may require proof of vaccination.
Museum passes are made available through the financial support of the Friends of the Keene Public Library.
Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Boston Museum of Fine Arts - Boston, Mass. - (617) 267-9300
- Masterpieces from every continent are included in the museum's collections.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits two people with a $10.00 per person admission fee and may be used whenever the museum is open.
- The coupon may also purchase special exhibit tickets for an additional $10.00 per person.
- Children 6 and under are admitted free at all times; children 7-17 are admitted for $7 on school days until 3 p.m. All other times, children under 17 are admitted free.
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun: 10–4:45 p.m.; Wed, Thurs, Fri: 10–9:45 p.m.
Boston Museum of Science
Boston Museum of Science - Boston, Mass. - (617) 723-2500
- An excellent science and technology museum with many innovative and interactive exhibits and programs that educate and entertain people of all ages.
- One coupon is available for each day. This coupon admits four people into the Exhibit Halls for half price.
- The coupon does not include discounts on tickets for the Omni Theater, Planetarium, or Laser Show and cannot be used to purchase combination tickets.
- Open daily 9-5, and Fridays till 9 p.m.
Brattleboro Museum and Art Center
Brattleboro Museum and Art Center - Brattleboro, VT. - (802-257-0124)
- The Brattleboro Museum & Art Center is "an independent, non-collecting museum whose mission is to present art and ideas in ways that inspire, educate, and engage audiences of all ages."
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits one family (adults, children, caregiver) for free.
- Open every day except Tuesday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- This pass was donated to the Library by the Museum.
Canterbury Shaker Village
Canterbury Shaker Village - Canterbury, N.H. - (603) 783-9511
- A national historical landmark with 25 original buildings celebrating 200 years of Shaker life.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits a family of four (two adults and two children) for free. Additional family members pay half price.
- Hours: Early May – late Oct.: 10-5 daily; Closed Nov.-April, with some exceptions.
Cheshire Children's Museum
Cheshire Children's Museum - Keene, N.H. - (603) 903-1800
- One pass per day. Each pass admits four people for half price. Regular admission is $8 for adults and children over 12 months; $5 for adults over 60; children under 12 months are free.
- Check the museum website for current hours.
Currier Museum of Art
Currier Museum of Art - Manchester, N.H. - (603) 669-6144
- The internationally renowned art collection in an intimate classic setting.
- One coupon is available per day. Each coupon admits two people for half price. Children under 12 are free.
- Hours: 11-5. Closed every Tuesday and on major holidays.
The EcoTarium - Worcester, Mass. - (508) 929-2700
- Hands-on learning and discovery center for the natural sciences.
- Each pass allows half-price admission for two adults and two children. Regular admission is $19 for adults and $14 for children ages 2 through 18.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5; Sun noon-5
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art - Amherst, Mass. - (413) 658-1100
- First full-scale museum in the U.S. devoted to national and international picture book art.
- One pass is available; it admits two adults and up to four children.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-4; Sun 12-4; closed Mondays and holidays
Hildene, the Lincoln Family Home
Hildene - The Lincoln Family Home - Manchester, Vt. - (802) 362-1788
- Home and gardens of Robert Todd Lincoln and his descendants
- One pass per day; each pass admits one adult and two children under 16 for free.
- Hours: Daily 9:30 to 4:30, except for major holidays.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum - Boston, Mass. - (617) 566-1401
- A museum of international art founded by collection and philanthropist Isabella Stewart Gardner.
- One coupon is available for each day the museum is open. The coupon admits up to four people with a $5 admission fee per person.
- Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, 11-5; Thurs, 11-9; closed every Tuesday
John Hay Estate at the Fells
John Hay Estate at the Fells - Newbury, NH - (603) 763-4789
- Tour the 22-room Colonial Revival home; explore the forests, walk the woodland trails, and enjoy the renowned gardens.
- Two passes are available daily; each pass admits two adults and all accompanying children under 18.
Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory
Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory - South Deerfield, Mass. - (413) 665-2805
- The facility includes an 8,000-sq ft glass conservatory with butterflies, moths, and tropical vegetation.
- A pass for two free admissions is available.
- Hours: Daily 9-5; 9-6 summer. Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas
Manchester Historic Assoc. (Millyard Museum & Research Ctr.)
Manchester Historical Association (Millyard Museum & Research Center) - Manchester, N.H. - (603)-622-7531
- Collects, preserves, and shares the history of Manchester
- One pass per day. The pass offers free admission for up to 4 people.
- Hours: Tues-Sat, 10-4; Closed Sunday and Monday
Mariposa Museum - Peterborough, N.H. - (603) 924-4555
- "Celebrates world culture with costumes to wear, instruments to play, and a world of treasures at your fingertips."
- One pass per day. Each pass admits one adult and two children. Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, and $4 for children.
- Summer Hours: Open daily, 11-5.
Sept.-mid June: Open Tues.-Sun., 11-5
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center - Concord, N.H. - (603) 271-7827
- Features a variety of shows and exhibits to educate everyone, from the youngest explorer to the backyard astronomer.
- Two passes are available each day the center is open. Each pass is valid for admission to the exhibit halls for four people. There is a charge of $5 per person for the discovery center shows.
- Reservations are required. Call ahead.
- Hours: Thurs-Sun 10:30-4; Fri evenings 6:30-9
Montshire Museum of Science
Montshire Museum of Science - Norwich, Vt. - (802) 649-2200
- Hands-on science museum for people of all ages, "offering dozens of exciting exhibits relating to the natural and physical sciences, ecology, and technology."
- It is on 110 acres along the Connecticut River, with many nature trails.
- Two passes for free admission are available for each day.
- Regular prices are: adults $10; children 2-17 $8; children under 2 free.
- Hours: daily from 10-5 except Thanksgiving and Christmas
Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum
Mount Kearsarge Indian Museum - Warner, N.H. - (603) 456-2600
- Dedicated to Native American cultural expression.
- Two passes per day are available. Each pass admits one person.
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10-5; Sun 12-5 (open May-October)
New Hampshire Historical Society Museum
New Hampshire Historical Society Museum - Concord, N.H. - (603) 228-6688
- Exhibitions on the state’s heritage and traditions.
- Two family passes for free admission are available.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Strawbery Banke Museum
Strawbery Banke Museum - Portsmouth, N.H. - (603) 433-1100
- Living history museum of the Puddle Dock neighborhood from the 1600s to the 1950s
- Two free passes per day. Each pass admits two adults and up to four children
- Hours: May-October 10-5 daily
VINS (Vermont Institute of Natural Science)
Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) - Quechee, Vt. - (802) 359-5000
- Includes a Nature Center, raptor exhibits and show, nature trails, and a store.
- One pass per day is available, which admits up to four people for $5 each.
- Regular admission is $15.50 for adults, $14.50 for seniors (62+), $13.50 for ages 4 to18, and free for 3 and under.
- Hours are 10-5 daily, May - October.