Click HERE to access the City of Keene Land Development Code (Amended November 17, 2022)
- City of Keene Zoning Map (Amended September 1, 2021)
- Comparison of Current Downtown Zoning to Zoning Prior to 9/1/21
- Land Development Code Fee Schedule
The Keene Land Development Code (LDC) is Chapter 100 of the City Code of Ordinances and contains most local regulations concerning the use and development of land and buildings. The Code includes, but is not limited to, the following regulations:
- Zoning (Articles 2-18 & Sections 25.3 - 25.9)
- Subdivision (Article 19 & Section 25.10)
- Site Plan / Site Development Standards (Article 20 & Section 25.12)
- Historic District (Article 21 & Sections 25.15)
- Public Infrastructure (Article 22 & Sections 25.16)
- Floodplain (Article 23 & Section 25.17)
- Earth Excavation (Article 24 & Section 25.19)
The LDC was adopted in May of 2021 with Ordinance 2020-10B, along with the remapping of the City’s downtown zoning districts with Ordinance 2020-11A, and became fully effective throughout Keene on September 1, 2021. The purpose and intent of the UDO is to protect, promote, and improve the public health, safety and general welfare of the City of Keene and its inhabitants, and to facilitate orderly development and the compatible use of land that will result in a strong viable economy, enhance the attractiveness of the community, preserve the quality and function of natural systems and maintain and enhance quality of life in the City of Keene, while not imposing unreasonable costs upon the City.
More information and resources on the LDC is available at www.keenebuildingbetter.com.