• How do I dispose of sharps

    Place your sharps in a rigid, puncture-resistant container such as a bleach or laundry detergent bottle, duct tape the cap in place, mark the bottle “not for recycling,” and deliver to the transfer station. Let your transfer station attendant know when you have a bottle of sharps. Do NOT put with recycling. Click Here for more info.

    Best Management Practices for N.H. Solid Waste Facilities

    Environmental Fact Sheet

  • Do I need a burn permit

    City Ordinance on open burning: Article V

    Burn permits can be obtained 7 days a week, at the State of New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands online fire permit system at www.nhfirepermit.com which allows for Keene citizens to acquire daily and seasonal burn permits.  The State will generate permits and collect a $5.50 processing fee per permit.  The Fire Department does not receive any portion of the fees collected.

    If you are not the property owner you must have written landowner approval in order to receive a fire permit.

    Rules and answers to commonly asked questions - Fire Law Brochure


  • How do I schedule an inspection

    Inspections can be requested through the Fire Prevention Office by calling (603) 357-9861. Types of inspections completed by the fire department include: place of assembly, new tenant fit up, above and below ground tank installations, fire alarm system, suppression system, home and licensed day care centers, home health care, health care facility and boarding/rooming/lodging shelter inspections

  • How do I schedule a tour

    Station tours can be scheduled by calling (603) 357-9861. Please provide the contact name and phone number as well as the number of people, (adults and children), that will be attending. Please also provide the age ranges of children in the group.

  • Does the department provide CPR training

  • How do I obtain a report

    How do I obtain a fire or EMS report?

    Both ambulance and fire report requests must include a check, made payable to the City of Keene, in the amount of $15.00. If requesting a fire investigation report, please include a check in the amount of $25.00.

    Ambulance reports: The Keene Fire Department Request for PHI form must be completed and signed by the patient. Please be sure to provide the incident date and address.

    Ambulance billing: any questions related to your ambulance bill should be directed to our billing agency, Comstar Ambulance Billing Service at (800) 488-4351.

    Fire Reports and Fire Investigation Reports: Must be accompanied by a written request which includes the date of the fire and the location.

    Request form for Report: Please download and fill out this to request an EMS report.

    All requests should be mailed to:

    Keene Fire Department
    31 Vernon Street 
    Keene, NH 03431
    Attn: Kelly Derosier                                   


  • Does the department provide extinguisher training

  • How do I update my emergency contact information

    Annually, the department requests that all occupancies with a Master/Radio or Electronic box complete this form and forward to the fire alarm officer via email. rphillips@ci.keene.nh.us