Computers for Public Use
- Several computers with Internet access in the Adult, Teen, and Youth areas are available to Keene Public Library cardholders and visitors. To use the Internet computers in the Youth and Teen areas, patrons must be under 18 or adults with children or adults with caregivers. See the library's Internet Acceptable Use Policy for more information on using Internet terminals. Printing from Internet computers is available at 15 cents per page for black & white and 65 cents per page for color. All printing is pre-paid.
- Laptop ports are available on the tables behind the Adult Reference Desk. Your computer must have an Ethernet or network card to hook up to these ports, and they access the internet on a high-speed connection. Cables may be borrowed at the first-floor Reference Desk.
- Wireless - the library has free Wireless throughout the library and the Library Annex.
- The Youth Department has computers with pre-installed educational and entertaining software titles for exploration by children and others. Early Literacy Computer Stations have over 70 educational software applications spanning seven curricular areas. Keene Public Library has seven licenses to Minecraft.Edu, allowing players without Minecraft licenses to play in the library's safe and secure world.
For Keene Public Library cardholders or Keene residents, librarians will provide free one-on-one instruction in the following:
- Basic Computer Use
- Using the Internet
- Using the Library Catalog
- Searching the Library's Online Databases
- Setting up devices for downloading ebooks and audiobooks
Please call the Reference Desk at 603-757-1855 to register for training or 603-757-1838 with questions about ebooks & audiobooks.
Classes and workshops in coding and Google My Business are offered regularly. Check our calendar for details.
You can also sign up for a free Universal Class course in Computer Literacy, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher, and Web Development.
Print, Copy, Scan, More
The library has the following available for public use:
- 3D printer The library has a Prusa i3 MK3 with a multi-material upgrade in the Kingsbury Makerspace. The library offers an orientation to the printer at various times. Check our calendar to see when orientations are scheduled. We are also happy to schedule one-on-one orientations. Please call the library's Kingsbury Makerspace at 603-352-0157 to make an appointment.
- Mobile printing The library uses Princh, a cloud-based printing solution. Documents can be uploaded from a home computer, smartphone, or tablet and printed at the library.
- Copy machines The library has a multi-function machine for black & white or color copying and scanning. Charges for photocopying are 15 cents per side for black & white; 65 cents per side for color. There is no charge for scanning.
- Enlarger Magnifies text documents and photographs for easier viewing.
- Microfilm readers Two microfilm readers, including one digital reader, can scan and save microfilm images as PDFs.
- Wireless printer All public computers print to the multi-function copier on the first floor. Public computers in the youth department also print to a black & white printer at the youth services desk. All printing from public computers must be pre-paid. Charges are 15 cents per side for black & white; 65 cents per page for color.
Need to connect devices at home to the internet? Keene Public Library lends Mobile Hotspots to Keene Public Library cardholders in good standing who are 18 years or older.
Before borrowing a KPL Mobile Hotspot, each patron must sign a Mobile Hotspot Agreement.
Hotspots checkout for 14 days. Overdue Hotspots will be deactivated.
Please see section 3.006 of the Keene Public Library Policies for our Mobile Hotspot lending program.