Leaf Collection Info:
There is no daily schedule provided. Please have your leaves raked to the edge of your lawn by the date listed next to your street to ensure collection (this is the first day of collection for your section, not a guarantee of the day crews will be on your street.) As long as leaves haven't been picked up on your street yet, you may add leaves to the edge of your lawn. If crews have already collected leaves from your street there is no guarantee that they will be able to come around again to collect a second time.
- Residents with storm water basins near their properties (marked with a yellow fish stenciled on the pavement) are encouraged to remove any debris from the drains that would prevent proper storm water drainage. Please do not rake leaves over basins. This assistance will help to prevent flooding and potential hazardous situations.
- Never rake leaves into the street. Placing leaves in the street is a violation of City Ordinance, poses a safety hazard for collection crews, and may subject the property owner to a citation.
- Leaves should be left loose (not bagged) along the grass belt (between street and sidewalk) or at edge of property if no sidewalk.
- Only loose leaves and pine needles will be collected. Tree branches and brush are not part of this collection and should not be mixed in with the leaves. Branches and brush can damage equipment and could result in delays to the collection schedule.
- Once crews have picked up leaves and cleaned the storm drains in your area, please do not rake to curbside, doing so will cause storm drains to clog.
- Leaves may be taken free of charge to the Keene Recycling Center/Transfer Station located at 55 Old Summit Road, off Route 12 North: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM Saturdays 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Streets with n/a are private or do not have City drainage systems, leaves will not be collected from these streets.
Please contact our office with any further questions/concerns at 603-352-6550 or PWInfo@keenenh.gov