Need homework help? Do you want a study for the SAT or ACT? Visit Brainfuse: HelpNow
Want to learn a new language? Visit Mango.com.
Take a free online course in babysitting, pet care, crafts, mathematics, etc. Visit Universal Class.
Ebooks for Kids
- AudioBookCloud offers streaming children's audiobooks in English and Spanish.
- Biblioboard Juvenile Fiction and Biblioboard Juvenile NonFiction
- Ebsco eBooks is primarily a collection of fiction and nonfiction books for children and tweens. This video shows how to search for ebooks and read them online.
- Flipster Digital Magazines Digital magazines, coloring books, and graphic novels for children and parents and French and Spanish readers. Download the Flipster app at your favorite app store. For more help using Flipster, take this short tutorial to walk you through the steps. And check out the system requirements and the FAQ.
- New Hampshire Downloadable Books Use your KPL card to check out downloadable audiobooks and ebooks for Kindles, Nooks, iPads, PCs, Macs, and other reading devices. Browse hundreds of bestselling titles and download them to your device for your enjoyment anywhere, anytime. Get the Libby app for your smartphone or tablet and start downloading ebooks and audiobooks today! Available 24/7. Get help with NH Downloadables.
- TumbleBookCloud Jr. is a collection of ebooks and read-along chapter books, nonfiction books, graphic novels, educational videos, and audiobooks explicitly designed for grades three to six. No library card is required.
- TumbleBooks is an online collection for children of animated, talking picture books, including books to learn French, Spanish, and other languages, plus puzzles and games. You can access the collection from your home or a library computer, and no library card is required.
eReference for Kids
American Decades is a cross-disciplinary source for junior and high school students and teachers, public librarians, and general researchers who need to document and analyze contemporary American social history (1900-1999).
Experiment Central provides examples of science projects and experiments that can be replicated for science fairs and other purposes and suggestions on ways to design projects that investigate specific scientific topics and includes detailed descriptions of projects.
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for research topics on the arts, biographies, education, and more in ebook format.
Mango Languages offers 65 languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, and Mandarin Chinese. Mango also offers English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
Brainfuse: HelpNow provides you with an online, qualified tutor! All you need is a library card and an Internet connection. You can get one-to-one help from home, school, and even the library every day from 2 p.m. until 11 p.m. Includes K-12 Student Center, College Center, and Adult Education.
UXL Encyclopedia of Biomes offers detailed comparative essays on major biomes and their component ecosystems. Includes entries on land biomes and water biomes and covers climate, elevation, soil, water bodies, vegetation, animal life, food web, plant and animal adaptations, endangered species, human effects on the biome, and the effects of the environment on humans' culture and economy.
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life covers Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Africa. Each volume is organized by continent, including history, politics, customs, religion, education, human rights issues, teen life, etc.